JOIN THE THACKRAY FAMILY
DISPATCH COORDINATOR - LEVEL 2
Position Start Date: Immediately
Position Summary: The dispatcher is responsible for processing client requests for equipment rental (both bare rentals and with union Operator) warehousing and storage, and other services offered by the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer customer inquiries via all modes of communication to assist in determining the required equipment needed to service the job request.
- Use Company suppled software to schedule and dispatch equipment, operators, and drivers, while maintaining time line and budget. Coordinate job assignments, job checks, size cranes, lift plans and quotes.
- Process and document all customer credit applications and purchase orders to generate a job schedule and invoice data. Obtain street closures, escorts, permits and crane insurance certifications if needed.
- Liaison with Fleet Maintenance regarding the repair and inventory of all equipment, insuring the efficient use of all assets. Coordinate release, loading and delivery of stored equipment and track availability of rigging with warehouse staff. Must be able to run WHSE equipment (forklift, Lulls)
- Lead all personnel in the department thought the flow of the dispatch process.
- Monitor activities to ensure that all laws and regulation are followed. Liaise with members of the Safety Committee and insure compliance with all safety rules and regulations.
- Process, review and administer client rental contracts in conjunction with Accounts Receivable.
- Provide ongoing support to all customers, ensuring a world class customer service experience.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned to meet business needs.
Qualifications / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in high volume Dispatch department, expediting or scheduling department.
- Highly proficient in Data Entry – Microsoft office (EXCEL- Word)
- Customer Service oriented with professional phone manner.
- Active listener, effective communicator, successful problem solver.
- Ability to work effectively while under stress in a high pressure environment.
- Adaptability to schedule and equipment changes quickly.
- Possess current CCO or in training to obtain a CCO License.
A sedentary work environment with minimal potential for exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Sitting the majority of the workday with occasional walking/standing.
- Close visual acuity is required to enter, read and edit data on a computer screen. Keen hearing with the ability to communicate via telephone for extended periods (up to eight hours per day).
- Ability to ascend/descend a flight of stairs.
- Ability to exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally to lift/carry (heavy lifting not required).
- Report to – DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS Robert Thackray
- Reports to You – NONE
Terms of Employment
- Full Time (40 hours per week), Permanent placement.
- On-Call evening and weekend work may be required.
- FLSA Status – Non-Union Exempt Employee at will
- Work Hours – Mon thru Fri – 8 am to 5 pm – which includes a non-compensable one-hour lunch break.
- $ Annual
Benefits – After 90 Days of employment
- Paid company Holidays
- Ten (10) Paid Time Off (PTO) years 1-2
- Optional Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision) with optional supplemental insurances
- Optional Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
Benefits – After One Year:
- Optional 401 (K) Plan
Opportunity to advance into a Sales path.
2071 Byberry Road – Philadelphia, Pa. 19116
Job descriptions typically do not include every duty or responsibility that the person in this role may be asked to perform, and he/she may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additionally, new responsibilities and tasks, plus changes to existing ones, may be made deemed necessary and prudent by the Management Team and authorized by Human Resources.
All inventions, trade secrets, ideas, original works of authorship of confidential information that the employee conceives, develops, discovers or makes in whole or in part during the employee’s employment with the company A) using company’s equipment, supplies or trade secrets; B) resulting from work performed for Company; or C) relating to Company’s current or anticipated research and development will be the company’s sole and exclusive property, with all rights, titles, patents and interests assigned to the company.
Job Type: Full-time