JOIN THE THACKRAY FAMILY
Position Start Date: Immediately
Position Summary: The primary purpose of this position is to process employee payroll, together with all applicable taxes, other payroll deductions or withholdings, and paid time off (PTO.) The Payroll Associate is also responsible for auditing and verifying all time keeping records of hours worked, as well as ensuring that the Company’s payroll is in compliance with federal, state, and local laws. Experience with certified/Union construction payroll is desirable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Input data for new hires and edit data for existing employees (i.e. new bank account) in payroll system software.
- Edit compensation rate of existing employees (once approved by the Management team.)
- Verify timekeeping records and consult with employees and their managers about any missing information or discrepancies.
- Compile payroll data including, but not limited to, garnishments and withholding orders, PTO, insurance and 401(k) deductions.
- Input payroll data into the payroll system software and verify all data for accuracy prior to issuing payment via direct deposit or manual check.
- Compile internal management reports from payroll system software.
- Process employee separations in the payroll system software.
- Provide other duties as may be assigned to meet business needs.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of payroll processing experience is required. Experience with certified/Union construction payroll is desirable.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment while meeting strict deadlines.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate (both written and oral.)