JOIN THE THACKRAY FAMILY
RECEPTIONIST OFFICE CLERK
Position Start Date: Immediately
Position Summary: Performs various activities in the office ranging from filing and answering phones to help maintain smooth office operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sort and distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail.
- Answer the switchboard taking messages, screen calls, and direct calls to appropriate colleagues.
- Monitor the postage machine for refill or maintenance.
- Greet visitors and point them in the right direction, answer inquiries, and create a welcoming environment.
- Receive deliveries and distribute or notify the recipient department.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned to meet business needs.
Qualifications / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Highly proficient in Data Entry – Microsoft office (Excel and Word)
- Customer Service oriented with a professional phone manner.
- Active listener, effective communicator, and successful problem solver.
A sedentary work environment with minimal potential for exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Sitting the majority of the workday with occasional walking/standing.
- Close visual acuity is required to enter, read and edit data on a computer screen. Keen hearing with the ability to communicate via telephone for extended periods (up to eight hours per day).
- Ability to ascend/descend a flight of stairs.
- Ability to exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally to lift/carry (heavy lifting not required).
- Report to – DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS Robert Thackray
- Reports to You – NONE
Terms of Employment
- Full Time (40 hours per week), Permanent placement.
- On-Call evening and weekend work may be required.
- FLSA Status – Non-Union Exempt Employee at will
- Work Hours – Mon thru Fri – 8 am to 5 pm – which includes a non-compensable one-hour lunch break.
- $ Annual
Benefits – After 90 Days of employment
- Paid company Holidays
- Ten (10) Paid Time Off (PTO) years 1-2
- Optional Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision) with optional supplemental insurance
- Optional Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
Benefits – After One Year:
- Optional 401 (K) Plan
Opportunity to advance into a Sales path.
2071 Byberry Road – Philadelphia, Pa. 19116
Job descriptions typically do not include every duty or responsibility that the person in this role may be asked to perform, and he/she may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additionally, new responsibilities and tasks, plus changes to existing ones, may be made deemed necessary and prudent by the Management Team and authorized by Human Resources.
All inventions, trade secrets, ideas, original works of authorship of confidential information that the employee conceives, develops, discovers or makes in whole or in part during the employee’s employment with the company A) using company’s equipment, supplies or trade secrets; B) resulting from work performed for Company; or C) relating to Company’s current or anticipated research and development will be the company’s sole and exclusive property, with all rights, titles, patents and interests assigned to the company.
Job Type: Full-time